SKIING & SNOWBOARDING
The National Ability Center’s alpine skiing and snowboarding program works in cooperation with Park City Mountain Resort to provide quality lessons at a world class resort. All instructors are specially trained in the adaptive techniques of 3-Track, 4-Track, Mono-Ski, Bi-Ski, guiding skiers who are blind, and techniques for teaching individuals with cognitive and developmental disabilities.
The goal of the ski program is to enable people with disabilities to ski independently with their family and friends. Our instructors provide training for family and friends in adaptive techniques, so they can assist the skier, if needed. Adaptive equipment is provided for those who enroll in lessons. That equipment is also available to rent on a daily basis (provided it is not already reserved for lessons) if the skier has been approved by the Program Manager.
We offer a variety of lessons, as outlined below. Please see the Program Schedule for dates, times, and prices. You may request an instructor. We will do our best to accommodate these preferences, but we cannot guarantee them. Please call 435.649.3991 x623 if you have any questions about the ski program. If you are ready to register for lessons, please call 435.649.3991, Ext 609.
TYPES OF SKI & SNOWBOARD LESSONS / LOCATION & DIRECTIONS
- Our main base of operations is at Park City Mountain Resort, Plaza Level, past ice rink, small brown building, slopeside. We also offer lessons at Deer Valley and Canyons. We offer students three types of different lessons, Session Lessons, Individual Lessons and Guide Services.
- To find out more information on these types of lessons, download our Winter Lesson Types for details or visit our Program Schedule.
- For more direction and loction details for our winter ski and snowboard programs, download: Ski & Snowboard Location & Directions
- You can access all registration forms, participant packet and other necessary forms on our Program Schedulepage.
POLICIES & MEMBERSHIP
- For more information on our policies including cancellations, Buddy Pass and membership, please download our Participant Packet.