Experience solitude and exploration on this 3-day, 2-night trip down the Ruby-Horsethief section of the Colorado River. A 25-mile rafting adventure from Loma, Colorado, to Westwater, Utah, combining flat water with sections of Class I and II rapids. Enjoy your days floating through beautiful red rock and black rock canyons on a raft or inflatable kayak. Evenings will be spent eating meals prepared by your guides while gazing up at the endless starry sky. The Black Rocks are composed of rock known as Vishnu Schist, dating back about 1.7 billion years. Catch sight of abundant wildlife, including great blue herons, bald eagles, peregrine falcons, mule deer, and desert bighorn sheep.
For ages 5 and up, 35+ lbs. and a maximum chest size of 58″. Our guides are experienced with adaptive rafting equipment and methods for people with disabilities.
Scholarships may be available! We believe that finances should not get in the way of participating in our programs. It’s through the generosity of our donors that enable scholarship opportunities. Here’s how to apply for Scholarship through the program registration portal:
- Log in or create an account.
- Find a program and add it to your cart; check out of cart and select “Apply for Scholarship”.
- Complete the checkout process and you’ll receive a confirmation email.
Rafting Class Guide
Straightforward rapids with wide, clear channels which are evident without scouting. Occasional maneuvering may be required, but rocks and medium-sized waves are easily missed by trained paddlers. Swimmers are seldom injured and group assistance, while helpful, is seldom needed. Rapids that are at the upper end of this difficulty range are designated “Class II+”
How to Register
- Create a new account; log in and click Find Programs.
- Select Rafting in Program menu and enter your preferred date range.
- Click Review on preferred Program; then click Add and Finish.
- Click on My Cart in primary Navigation and complete registration by clicking on Pay Now.
You will receive a confirmation email. If you have any questions, please contact Reservations at 801-435-3991.